Vega: How To Create a Tournament
- Log on to the laptop as the user hdcc.
- Double-click on the desktop icon Vega: Create Tournament.
- Select the desired tournament type from the menu that is displayed (between 1 and 6).
- Enter the year for the tournament in the format "YYYY" (defaults to the current year).
- Answer the question as to whether a copy of the vegx template file should be copied (defaults to "y" for "yes").
- If the answer to question 5. above was "y", answer the question as to how many rounds there will be in the tournament (between 1 and 20).
- Hit the ENTER key to continue.
- Double-click on the desktop icon Vega to run the Vega software.
- Open up the new tournament in Vega and:
(a) update the start and end dates of the tournament.
(i) For the Winter Rapid tournament: mark as withdrawn or unavailable players who will not be competing in the tournament or certain rounds thereof, respectively.
(ii) For other tournaments: re-open registration, delete players who will not be competing in the tournament, and then close registration again.
(c) regenerate the pairing numbers (this allows for any changes to player ratings).